Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Get "Fired Up!"

After attending the MAFCS State Conference, I have been inspired to get "Fired Up" and be proactive. I have made a list of parents and students (along with their address, phone numbers, and e-mails) who are supportive of Family and Consumer Sciences. I am also making a list of companies and organizations who I believe would be supportive of our area, and I have set a goal of writing at least one letter each week to a company or organization asking for their support. I challenge each of you to do the same. It is time for all of us in the profession to promote what we do. Given the economy and budget cuts facing our schools, it is to our advantage to be ready to have our statistics and supporters waiting in the wings if we need to call on them. I love interior design and textiles so my first letters will be to those industries. I will report back in a couple of weeks to let you know of any progress I have made. My challenge to other educators reading this blog is to do the same and report back in a couple of weeks.

No comments: